Patrick W. Currin, Attorney at Law
We stand for expertice and years of experience in a wide variety of legal disciplines. Get to know us better.
- Real Estate
- Civil Litigation
- Unlawful Detainer
Bachelor of Arts in Journalism/Business University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA
Juris Doctor Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN
Founded Conquest Realty, Pleasanton, CA
Founded Patrick W. Currin, Attorney at Law, Pleasanton, CA
- California State Bar Association Member, June 1992 - Present
- California Department of Real Estate, July 1992 – Present
Successful attorney with nearly twenty years of experience in real estate, contracts, and general civil matters, as well as a wealth of experience in operations, program/project management, and human resources. A multidisciplinary team player with extensive experience managing multiple projects up to $150M in value. Proven experience turning around projects and departments by applying strong leadership skills and working “beyond the job description”. Expertise includes:
Allied Container Systems, Pleasant Hill, CA,Director of Operations, 2009 – 2010
Responsible for forward planning, scheduling and resource allocation for all military construction projects, examining critical limits of company manpower and fabrication capacity. Responsibilities included direct management of all on-site personnel, interfacing with Program/Project Management and oversight over all supply chain processes.
· Led site management for over 75 projects with value of approximately $150M with a 97% “right first time” acceptance rate and new highs for customer satisfaction and profit margin
· Created policies for Project and Site Management leading to company’s initial ISO 9001 Certification
· Secured critical new vendor contracts resulting in wider product base, market niche and better margins
· Overhauled Contract Department, handling pressing issues personally, while interviewing, hiring and re-tasking roles for new department team members
· Crafted and implemented company’s first random drug testing in compliance with multiple contract requirements and California laws
· Initiated Site and Project Manager Review Process to increase accountability and improved evaluation process for promotion and bonuses
PATRICK CURRIN Page 2
Turnberry, LTD, San Francisco, CA,Sr. Project Manager, 2008-2009
Hired to manage troublesome aspects of an approximately $125M, 40-story, pedestal type residential tower on San Francisco’s Rincon Hill.
· Overhauled company’s Firm Fixed Price Contract with General Contractorresolving a contract stalemate
· Obtained Department of Real Estate approvals for stalled sales documents permitting the legal acceptance of millions of dollars in deposits
· Resolved dispute with City of San Francisco concerning peer review of structural designavoiding costly delays
Currin Construction Corp., Pleasanton, CA, Vice President, 1992–2007
Principal or consultant in numerous successful real estate development projects located throughout Northern California.
· Hayward Commons, a $8.7M, 14 home subdivision in Hayward, CA
· Lone Tree and Sand Creek, 200 units worth over $22M in Brentwood, CA
· Oak Tree Farm, 40+ lots and four custom homes worth nearly $17M in Pleasanton, CA
· Golden Eagle Farm,115 homes, 80 residential lots on over 230 acres with a value of over $83M in Pleasanton, CA
· Negotiation - Deal maker on front end acquisition, disposition of individual units and whole tract maps. Dealt successfully with subcontractors, local governments and Joint VenturePartnerseven in litigation or pre-litigation context
· Contracts - Extensive experience in transactional real estate contracts, partnership agreements, subdivision agreements, etc.
· Project Management - Direct supervision, scheduling and budgeting of heavy civil work and home construction
· Planning - Involved in detail oriented design with architects and subs, suppliers and government. Coordinated phasing and scheduling to work within financing constraints
Conquest Realty, Pleasanton, CA, Owner/President, 1992-Present
Founded real estate brokerage firm with sales of over $100 million, including sales of development inventory of new homes, custom lots, and resale of existing homes, commercial and investment properties. Bay East Association of Realtors, NAR, Licensed California Real Estate Broker.
Patrick W. Currin, Attorney at Law, Hayward, CA, Owner 1992- Present
Attorney representing clients in transactional real estate, landlord/tenant, HOA Management, collections and a broad range of civil matters. Extensive representation of buyers/sellers, lessors/lessees. Also represent clients in federal bankruptcy matters in the Northern and Eastern Districts of California
EDUCATION AND AFFILIATIONS
JD, Vanderbilt University School of Law, Nashville, TN
BA, Journalism/Business, summa cum laude, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA